Tuesday, July 28, 2015

This could be our last blog before he gets here!

Wanna know something surreal? My C-Section is scheduled for 7 days from now. This time next week we will be kissing our baby boy's cheeks and swaddling him and showering him with so much love! I can't believe it! While this last week has felt like an eternity, this really has gone by. I honestly feel like I'm going to miss feeling him wriggling around in there (even though I've been complaining about him hurting my ribs and making it difficult to breathe). I'm going to miss him and those little movements that make me smile (or grimace depending on where he kicks or rolls).

A new fear has set in. Am I ready? I've been praying for this moment for so long and now I'm scared that I won't be good at it. There so much I've not been around. What do I if he has a fever? How do I deal with the circumcision? What about the belly button/umbilical cord business? What about earaches? How do you know it's an earache? What's normal for baby pooping? What's not normal? There's so much I'm not sure how to handle and fear I won't know until I have to handle it. I worry about being a good mother. Should I hold him every time he cries? Do I give a little tough love? How much should he nap? Do I wake him up to nurse? Will I be a good mother? How do you know? I'm starting to get a little anxiety about it all.

I'm also a little scared about the C-Section. I'm honest about being a wuss when it comes to pain. I know it won't hurt during the procedure. Believe me that I have been prepped on what to expect during the procedure. What I'm worried about is the pain after the pain medicine wears off. I'm worried something will go wrong. I'm worried about post pardum depression. There's so much to worry about and it has hit me all of a sudden!

Thank you God for my husband! I wouldn't make it through this anxiety and time without him I wouldn't be able to make it. He's been my rock through all this. He's listened to me whine and complain. He's done the honey-do lists without complaint. He's tolerated the constant hungriness and hangriness. He's tried to deal with my tossing and turning (he usually just sleeps through it). He's an amazing husband. I don't deserve this blessing that God has given me. He's going to be an even better daddy. I can't wait to see how amazing he's going to be!

So, this past week we've really just rested. We are just gearing up for the baby and trying to rest while I can. It's not really easy to rest though. IT IS SO HOT! You know that joke that Satan called and he wants his weather back. I feel like that ALL time. Even in my house and I have the thermostat set on like 68 degrees. Also, a new symptom is that I feel like I can't breathe or catch my breathe. He's growing bigger and pressing up against my organs including my intestines and lungs! Well, he is the size of a pumpkin. A pumpkin! Finally a food that I can recognize! I really do feel like I have pumpkin in my uterus! He's about 7 pounds and 21 inches long. This week he's finishing up his final growing especially his lungs. He's also shedding the wax coating on his skin and shedding the hair that covers his skin. He's gearing up for his big debut!

Just a warning, the full moon starts on Friday. Now, say what you will, but statistics do show that more babies are born on the full moon! Who knows John Patrick may say to heck with the plan, he's ready to see Mommy. BUT, we want him to stay in there until Monday at least when Dr. Henslee returns.

On Sunday, we sent the church and kids off to church camp. This is the first year that Johnathan and I have missed since we've been married. It's highly depressing. I miss it. I know it's best that I stay out of the heat and try not wear myself out to get ready for this miracle to arrive. But, I'm highly upset that I missing this time to just speak a week and focus on God and spend with my family (since my family goes). I miss the Icee's and the kids and the food. My brother and my Nana thought it would be appropriate to text me that today is Indian Taco Day and I MISSED IT! I'm so bummed. I'm missing Bro. Vern bringing the message. Again, it's best, but it doesn't make it any easier. You can tell in the below bump picture that I'm not very happy. I miss it. Even getting up at the crack of dawn!

36 Weeks!

37 Weeks (Look at Crimson, He KNOWS something is about to change. Poor baby.


Prayers for this week include praying for my car situation. The AC is out and we only have limited days to decide what do about it. Also, prayers for peace as I try to get as much rest as possible these next 7 days (EEK! only 7!). Prayers for Johnathan as he has to deal with all my whining and griping and obsessing over every little detail.

So, next week, I probably won't be updating the blog; however, I'm sure you will see plenty of pictures of our little Deere! Stay tuned! Prayers are being answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment