Tuesday, July 14, 2015

All our bags are packed! We're ready to go here at 36 weeks!

Here we are at 36 weeks! John Patrick is the size of a cantaloupe! He weighs about 5.8 pounds and is roughly 19 inches long (or more). This week he is getting closer and closer to be able to breathe on his own. His skin is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid. His liver and kidneys are in working order and the circulation and immune systems are basically good to go! On the video for this week they talked about how he's gone from our little poppyseed to a big huge cantaloupe! He's still got a little growing to do with his lungs and brain and he still needs to put on a little weight!

So, this week we kinda just took it easy. We are really just getting ready for the baby and taking advantage of being able to rest and relax. I'm not going to lie. I am kinda miserable. It's extremely hot outside. I have to pee every 3 minutes. My hips hurt. My pelvis hurt. John Patrick is kicking me in my ribs making it hard to breathe. I don't have any energy. I'm so tired but sleep is not coming to me. The lack of sleep gets to me sometimes. As does the emotional roller coaster. One minute I'm angry at the tiniest thing, the next I'm crying, the next I'm laughing. The million dollar question is would I do this again? Heck yes. I have a blessing growing inside me. No one said this was going to be easy. Actually, the Bible even says it's not easy. I would do this again and we plan to... in about three years. Pregnancy is a gift. This is a gift from God that isn't given to anyone. It's a blessing and I canNOT wait to meet my little blessing.

We did get all of our bags packed! There is a total of 4 bags plus the infant carrier. I laugh at myself because I tend to over pack. But in my defense, one bag is mine and Johnathan's clothes. The only thing that is missing is my makeup (yes, I plan on bringing it), Chi, and hair dryer. One bag is my diaper bag with John Patrick's clothes, hats, diapers, wipes, binkies, mittens, etc... One bag is is the breast pump complete with freezer bags and bottles. And the last bag has my breast feeding pillow and extra blankets. We also go the base in for the car seat and as well as the back seat cover that protect the car from spills. We honestly should have bought one of these bad boys a long time ago. The amount of stray french fries we found that that little miss Ry has lost the last six years was not only outrageous but disgusting! We even put up the mirror and got the remote ready to go to use it! The point is no matter what we are packed and ready for Go Time! This week I need to work on a Code Word so that I can text it out and people know that I'm in labor. I also need to work on the call list for Johnathan after the baby is born and things settle. I am so excited. Words cannot describe how ready I am to hold my baby boy in my arms. Enjoy this week's bump pictures that show two of my bags and that we're ready! Ready when John Patrick is!

34 Weeks

35 Weeks! All our bags are packed! We're ready to go! Not on a jet plane but the OB Unit at MRHC!


I also got a little family time in with my brother, sister-in-law and niece. We went to eat one night. We took a road trip since of the 2015 McAlester EColi scare was going. Then, the next night, I made lasagne, cheese sticks, and Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Dr. Pepper Cobbler (check out my Pinterest. It's easy and CRAZY DELICIOUS!) We watched movies and just enjoyed one another. I am so glad that my brother and his family and my family are close. I pray that my son and Rylee have a close relationship and are best friends. I can't wait to make more family memories together.

We also celebrated my Nana and Papa's 51st wedding anniversary. How amazing is that?! It's an inspiration. It's an accomplishment (to some) to make 5 years in this day and age, but to make 51 years?! That's amazing. They've been through thick and thin and have grown a legacy that consists of 3 children, 8 grandchildren, 3 great-grandchildren and one great on the way. They are truly an example of marriage should be. It's not easy. It takes God, a lot of prayer, cooperation, give and take, and family. I'm proud they are my grandparents and are such a big part of our life.

Yesterday, was our first weekly doctor appointment. So, emotional day. I literally cried in the doctor's office. I feel like I had so many emotions going on all at the same time. I'm super bummed about this weight that I've gained. I've gained more than what I wanted. Don't get me wrong, I'm still in the healthy weight gain window, but it makes me super sad. I also was excited about seeing my dilation, effacement, and station numbers. When his nurse told me that we weren't going to do that this time, I started crying. Re-read previous (three up) paragraph above for the reason. It was just an emotional day. In comes my doctor. He saves the day. He always makes me feel better and gets both Johnathan and I to laughing and instantly feeling better. We started talking about my stress level and it's been a little higher lately. I have some symptoms that are stress related. I just have to remember to breathe and that everything is going to be okay. He ordered a final ultrasound so we can get a good picture of John Patrick's position. We have to make sure that he is head down and ready for flight down south. He also wants to get a final picture of John Patrick's size. Plus, I get to see my beautiful baby again. So, be prepared for pictures! We love pictures of this baby boy!! We go back next week where we will definitely check for dilation, effacement and station. If everything goes well, we are going to be in for the stretch to our due date to August 10th. If there's a problem, we may have him early...maybe even as early as next week!

So prayer requests are just for patience for me as we go these last 27 days. Yes, just 27 days. Also, prayers for good reports at the ultrasound and the weekly doctor appointments to come. Prayers for a healthy deliver for our precious cargo! I know I say this every week but thank you for all your prayers and support. We need them now more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment