Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Travel restrictions during summer....Boo...

We've made it to 32 weeks! John Patrick is the size of a squash. He is about 17 inches long and weighs a sound 4.4 pounds. He's perfect. Or at least I think so. He's getting ready for the great descent. He's likely in the head down position. I can feel it. He's probably getting cramped. Only 7 weeks and 6 days until his big day!

Speaking of his big day, we've started an online baby pool where you guess what day you think he will be born, how much he will weigh, what time he's born, how long he is, his hair color and his eye color. Make your guess at http://www.whatsinmybelly.com/baby-pool-mullers-first-baby-8512?fb_ref=Default. It's just for fun. We already have a few guesses!

It was another great week. We really just rested. I've been told to rest now because rest will not be a luxury once he gets here. However, WTE (What to Expect) says that's a myth. Once a routine is down, rest will come for both Mommy & Daddy and baby. Plus, I'm so tired. All of the time. So tired. It's gonna be a long and rough 8 weeks or so. So, we've officially hit the "look at that belly!" stage. I know he's growing and the belly getting bigger is good thing. I know this. Do I always feel like it's a good thing? No. The belly gets in the way and makes me hot. Anyways, enjoy this week's belly bump pictures below! Next week, I'll have the 32 week picture, so I'll do another "Lucy throughout pregnancy picture."

30 Weeks
31 Weeks


This weekend we got in some Muller time. We headed to Duncan. This was the max of the 3 hour travel limit. Traveling is not my friend. Even though I talk about tired, I can't sleep. Especially in the car. The car is soooo uncomfortable. It hurts my back, it hurts my butt. John Patrick is uncomfortable and believe me, he lets me know when he's not comfy. But we had a great time. We always do. We spent some time with Paul and Sherry and little Peiton. Saturday was our shower with the Mullers. I know that I've said it before but I'm so blessed to part of this family. We were blessed by the turn out and how much my son is loved. Johnathan and I both have a plethora of family, blood or not, who is ready to love on these sweet babies. Below are some pictures of the celebration. A huge thanks to Amanda and Sherry. They went above and beyond and made both Johnathan and I feel very special. Thank you Amanda and Sherry for a wonderful day!! And thank you to everyone who showed up to celebrate!! We can't wait to share John Patrick with you! Here are a few pictures of this beautiful day!

Crib bedding comforter! We LOVE it!

Me and a few of my favorite Muller gals!

Aunt Cindy and I

Miss Ry and I!

The super cute cake! We can't wait to welcome our little Deere!

The cute lamp that Sherry made us. She also made all of the crib bedding! We love it! His room is going to be awesome!

On Sunday, we headed home. It might not feel like it to you but that's a long trip. We had planned on stopping in Davis so we can get some of those amazing fried pies. I was becoming particularly uncomfortable and adjusted myself and when I looked down at my legs, they about doubled in size and were purple. And they hurt. So, we pulled over and I walked it out. I got some of the swelling down. It scared me not gonna lie. We came home and I immediately put my feet up.

Yesterday, we had our 32 week OB appointment. I love my OB. Dr. Henslee is amazing. I brought up the the leg thing. It scared me that bad. He looked at my swollen legs (they weren't as swollen as Sunday) and expressed his concern. He's worried about blood clots. Pregnancy brings out the best in women. Blah. Anyways, I have to watch it. And while I'm watching it, I can't travel more than an hour. Boo. It's summer. We haven't gotten the camper out ONCE! Boo.... Also, unless it's inside McAlester, no driving for this girl. I have to take it easy. One thing I need to remember is that the world is not my responsibility. Right now, my main focus is getting John Patrick here safely and healthy. As hard as it's going to be, I'm going to try to start letting things go. I mean letting other people take care of things. I'm going to focus on the baby and keeping my body healthy for him including resting at the end of the day and cutting out all the extensive traveling. Not gonna lie, I'm dying to go camping. However, Lake McGee Creek is within an hour. We can do that! Johnathan can be in charge of the packing and planning and I just get to enjoy a weekend. I'll let you know how that goes. We go back in two weeks. If my legs still feel tight and are still purplish, he's gonna make wear those super cute socks (sarcasm here). We are also gonna talk birth plan. If you know me, flying by the seat of my pants isn't working for me. I need a plan even if it's a broad one. I need a plan.

So prayer requests for this week are for me to be able to rest and for my legs to keep down and for the purplish hue to go away so that we are healthy. Also, our VBS starts next Monday. Pray for our team coming in and that God will move! VBS is M-F at Hillcrest Baptist Church, 610 S. C St., 5:30pm to 8:30pm! Need a ride, let me know! I've got the connections!

I will try to blog next week, but with VBS, it may not be possible! Thanks for reading and for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment