Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer has arrived... Yayyyyy for 31 Weeks!

Here we are at 31 weeks! He's steadily gaining 1/2 a pound a week at this point, so based on last week's ultrasound, John Patrick should be a whopping 3.9 pounds! He's the size of a Pineapple! About 17 inches! He's going through major brain and nerve development! And eye development! His irises are now reacting to light! Also, all 5 senses are working! Even his smell. He can "smell" my amniotic fluid and get a special scent of Mommy's special smell that will be recognizable when he's born. How cool is that?! He's growing and getting that much more ready for the real world! Mommy loves little boy so much already!

So, Summer is here. Yayyyyy. Normally, I would be super stocked about the lake and camping and swimming and going outside. However, this blasted heat is not my friend this summer. It's making me super comfortable and makes me feel even more like a whale and zaps whatever energy I have left. Plus, life has been so busy, that we haven't had time to plan a camping trip for the summer or a day trip to the lake. This should be remedied. Hopefully, we can squeeze a weekend in...Even if it's just at McGee Creek Lake; however, Lake Murray would be a better idea... But convincing the Hubs that I can do this will be a whole different battle. You can tell by my bump pictures below that it was crazy hot this weekend....

29 Weeks

30 Weeks


This week was our second baby shower at the church. Vanessa, Veronica, Megan and Maryah did such an awesome job. There are a few pictures below. Words cannot describe how blessed I am to have these ladies in our lives. Vanessa, Megan and Maryah have always been more like sisters. John Patrick is lucky to have Aunt V, Aunt Megs and Aunt MyMy in his life. It was a great shower. One thing I've learned is that it's not about the gifts. My shower is literally a chance to share my baby boy with the world. He's such a blessing, that I have hard time not talking about him. He's the reason for my smile. So many people keep talking about my glow and it's not me. That glow is John Patrick Muller. I love this little pineapple so much. He's my little poppyseed and my little miracle. That's what I loved most about the shower. Bad part of the shower....THE AC WASN'T WORKING! Yep, it was hot. Miserable. Thanks to my Papa for showing up and fixing it. And making it bearable. Thank you again to everyone who came and supported us! We are so excited to share this little bundle. Just 62 more days to go!!!

Beverages. Sweet? Unsweet? We had your pleasure.

The sign in table!

Our Diaper cake! It's a tractor! We also go the Otis Tractor book set! I can't tell you how excited we are to read these books to our baby boy!

The Moore Family!

Megan, Me and Vanessa!

Me and the "Big Cousin"

The Latimer Family!

The Darleys!

Our Tractor cupcake cake! It was YUMMY!!

Our cradle. This was handmade by Tommy Miller!. The name is engraved! We LOVE that this is something that we can hand down to John Patrick as an heirloom. He can give this to his son and his son's son and so on and so on! It's beautiful!


On Sunday, we went to church. I led the music. I miss my Nana at church by the way. She hasn't been able to come back to church because of her strength. I got to spend a lot of time with my great-grandparents and I'm really excited that John Patrick is going to have Nana in his life. My relationship with Granny Gilliam and Papa Pat is one that I've cherished my whole entire life. I pray that John Patrick has some of the same kinds of memories of Nana as I did of my great-grandparents. Nana's strength from her stroke isn't entirely back. Please say a quick prayer for Nana. She is really wanted to come back to church, but just isn't feeling strong enough.

One thing I've really been enjoying is John Patrick moving around. He's being more active during the day. People have even been able to see him move around. So, if you see me at work or church and I start randomly or mysteriously smiling, it's because I'm feeling my wiggle worm wiggle around. You can probably see it if you look at my belly. And if I'm in a really good mood, you can probably get away with asking me if you can feel him.

So, coming up this week is our Muller Shower. I know I've said this before but being a part of the Muller family is definitely a gift from God. This family is so loving and accepting. I'm so excited about seeing those who can come! It's like a preview of the Tractor Show. Johnathan and I were just talking and last year at the tractor show, there were 99 Mullers in the family picture. If the same people showed up with the 3 new Mullers (including John Patrick), there will be 102 Mullers. This family has certainly been blessed!! Thank you Amanda and Sherry for making this possible! Look forward for pictures next week!! You'll also get a preview of what our little baby could look like, because Muller genes run deep!

Prayers for this week include prayers for Nana and for safe travels as Johnathan, Rylee, John Patrick and I travel to Duncan (at the max of the travel restriction FYI).

Again, thanks for reading and for prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment