Monday, January 23, 2017

The hardest week of my life. Welcome back to my weekly blog!

Anyone who has ever said "Nothing tastes a good as skinny feels" has obviously never struggled with weight. I'm not talking about someone who struggles with appearance with ten or so pounds. I'm talking about people who truly have to lose weight more than 20 pounds and have struggled with it for a good part of their life.

I've struggled with weight since I can remember. There are plenty of reasons out there. Genetics. Diet. Activity Level. At my biggest, I was 345 pounds. At my smallest, I was 199. Food is an addiction and so many things in our daily lives revolve around it. It's hard to escape.

It's been a week since I started working on myself again. The 7 longest days of my life and the most miserable. I dream about food. I scroll paste your ever so tasty looking videos on social media. I've cried. I've gotten angry. I've been depressed. It's been difficult.

If you've wondered what I've done, I've started a pouch reset. I've learned this technique from Google. It's not for the weak-willed and it's certainly not easy.

So, here's a breakdown of a pouch reset. Day #1: Clear Liquids Only. Day #2 & #3: Full Liquid Diet. Day #4, #5, & #6: Pureed Foods. Day #7, #8, & #9: Soft Foods. Day #10 and beyond: Healthy, low carb, high protein diet. And here are some examples of what I ate the last 7 days.

Day #1: Clear Liquid Diet -- Total Calorie Count -- 235
              8:00am: Green Tea sweetened with Splenda
              9:00am: Ice Water with lots and lots of ice
             10:00am: Sugar Free Jell-O
             11:00am: Ice Water
             Noon: Chicken Broth
             1:00pm: Ice Water
              2:00pm:  Sugar Free Jell-O
             3:00pm: Ice Water
             5:00pm: Sugar Free Jell-O
             6:00pm: Chicken Broth
             7:00pm: Ice Water
             8:00pm: Sugar Free Popsicle

Day #2: Full Liquid Diet -- Total Calories: 317
            8:00am: Green Tea Sweetened with Splenda
            9:00am: Protein Shake made with Water
           10:00am: Ice water again lots and lots of Ice
            Noon:  Light & Fit Yogurt
            1:00pm:  Ice Water
            3:00pm: Sugar Free Pudding
            4:00pm: Ice Water
            5:00pm: Light & Fit Yogurt
            6:00pm: Ice Water
            7:00pm: Sugar Free Popsicle

Day #4: Pureed Diet -- Total Calories: 503
             8:00am: Green Tea Sweetened with Splenda
             9:00am: Atkins Shake
            10:00am: Ice Water again LOTS and LOTs of Ice
            Noon: Atkins Shake
            1:00pm: Ice Water
            3:00pm: Sugar Free Pudding
            4:00pm: Ice Water
            6:00pm: 1 Egg Scrambled without milk, 1 tablespoon of salsa
            7:00pm:  Sugar Free Popsicle

Day #7: Soft Diet -- Total Calories: 720
            8:00am: Green Tea Sweetened with Splenda
            9:00am: 1 Egg Scrambled without milk, 1 tablespoon of salsa
           10:00am: Ice Water
            Noon:  1/2 C. Fat Free Refried Beans
           1:00pm: Ice Water
            3:00pm: Sugar Free Pudding
           5:00pm: Ice Water
            6:00pm: 1/2 C. Canned Chicken, drained, 1 tablespoon Light Mayo
           7:00pm:  Sugar Free Popsicle


As you can tell, I am extremely thankful for sugar free pudding and sugar free Popsicles. They have made this bearable and liveable. Like I said this has been the hardest week of my life. I've had to sit and help serve donuts, cake, and steak and potatoes. But my willpower prevailed. I didn't cheat. Not once.

What did I gain from this? 11 pounds down and that my friends is in my opinion of a great kickstart to this weightloss.

Why am I doing this? #1: To be healthy. I want to be there when my son starts school and graduates. I want to be at his first and last football game. I want to meet his wife and help plan the nursery. #2: I want more kids. #3: I am sooooo afraid of being 345 pounds again. It's one of my biggest fears that I will set back into bad habits and lifestyle choices and gain every pound back.


So, why blog about it? Because I need support. I need tips on alternatives and people to not judge. I absolutely deleted people of my social media accounts for negative comments like "Didn't you have surgery? Wow. You can't tell." "How much weight did you gain with that baby? Have you lost any of it." I don't need that negativity because at the end of the day, I'm my own worst critic.

So, it's a new week. I've started exercising and now that I can eat food like chicken and tuna. I'm not just living on liquids and yogurt. I feel good and I'm feeling better about this.

With that, welcome back. I'm going to bring back the recipes and accountability of you, my friends and family who support me. Look forward to new recipes and tips!

Thank you all so much for supporting me! I look forward to sharing this new journey for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment