Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I'm baaaccccckkkkk with a 6lb loss! What a way to start a new year!!

Hey everybody!

It's been about 5 months! Life has been absolutely wonderfully crazy!

So let's do some math. I lost a total of 156 pounds. Then, I got blessed with a 7lb baby boy and gained 30 of that back. Then, after John Patrick made his big debut, I lost 26 of those pounds. Then, the holidays hit. Soooo, I gained 7lbs. This week I lost 6lbs. So, I am 5 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight with a total loss of 151 pounds. That's still pretty amazing!

And just in case you were wondering, my 7lb baby boy is now 18 pound baby boy! He's absolutely perfect. He's a smiling ball of loveablness and God has blessed me beyond measure with this baby. He's far surpassed what I had imagined!

What I do stress out about is my clothes. Why don't they fit right?! I don't understand it. I know my body stretched and expanded in ways I didn't realize. I just want to be back in my 12s and 10s again.

But most importantly, I want to be healthy. I want more babies. At least two more...maybe more. I kinda like being a mommy. I'm kinda good at it. Go figure. I want to be healthy so that I can spend more time with my kids. I want to see grandkids and maybe even great-grandkids. I also want to be an example for my kids when it comes to being healthy.

What I need to remember is that at the end of the day my husband and my son love me whether or not I'm a size 28 or a size 10. My son doesn't look at me with love because of my outward appearance. He looks at me because he loves me because I'm the mommy. I'm his mommy and that means more to me than any satisfaction of a weigh in or anything.

That being said I'm on the path to get the rest of the baby weight off and a path to a healthier lifestyle. I did it before and I can do this again. But this time I'm also going to enjoy life a little.

So, this week there was a 6 pound loss. That's amazing! Right?! Everyone asks how I do it. I just cut down carbs, limit one coffee per day sweetened with a little creamer and splenda and drink as much water as I can. It's not always easy. Yes, I get hungry. Yes, I'm dying for a piece of that chocolate in the office candy dish. But I also know I have some pretty good will power.

Hopefully, I can get these in on Tuesday nights. Say a prayer for me that my willpower stays up. And say a prayer for my husband. He's the one who is on the receiving end usually with the hangry moods! lol!

So, as promised here is the recipe for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies:
Ingredients:
2 Scoops of Chocolate protein powder
1 1/2 C. Almond Flour
3 Eggs
1 C. Splenda
4 Tblspn Peanut Butter
1 Tblspn Vanilla
4 Tblspn Softened Butter

Mix together the splenda, PB, vanilla and butter until well mixed. Add in the Flour and protein powder. Spoon in to cookie sheets and bake 10-13 minutes at 350. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment