Tuesday, March 10, 2015

18 Weeks! Starting to get a little uncomfortable...

It's been so chaotic the last few weeks in the Muller household. We've gone on vacation and had the stomach flu and bought a golf cart and endured the snow and started revival at church. It's busy busy busy!

This week our Poppyseed is 18 weeks! Baby Muller is the size of a sweet potato: that's 5.6 inches long and almost 7 ounces! Can you believe that Poppyseed has fingerprints!!! FINGERPRINTS! Like a real person. I whole heartedly believe that life begins at conception but the more this baby grows, the amazed I am at the little things. Poppyseed is also yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing! The baby is moving around in there!If I'm lying on my back and still, sometimes I can feel the baby. This pregnancy thing isn't always bad.

What is bad is that I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable. My back and shoulders hurt a little and riding in the car for more than just an hour or so hurt my back, butt and makes me feel like I can't breathe. I'm also developing a bump. It's right above my belly button. That means I'm carrying high right?! Which means a girl right?! We shall see in about 19 days!!

We are prepping for the gender reveal party. Our ultrasound is next week which just happens to be my 30th birthday. I can imagine a better way to spend a way to enter a new decade than by taking a peep at my precious little miracle! It's the best birthday present yet!

We aren't going to find out at the ultrasound. We are going to find out at the Reveal party. Princess or Deere?! What do you think?! We're gonna feed everyone spaghetti and alfredo. We're gonna have cake and other fun stuff and then of course the event of the day! I canNOT wait! Only one rule: NO GIFTS!


So, about the bump.... this is very hard for me to get used to. I don't feel pregnant. I feel like a whale. I am also really worried about others' perceptions of me. I know that most women go through this during pregnancy, but I was just getting used to feeling as if I was a "normal" size and getting comfortable with my new body. Now, it's changing all over again.  It's really very psychological. I literally had a melt down when I couldn't fit into my size 12s. Getting into those 12s was the proudest moment of my surgery experience. Don't get me wrong I've never been happier about this baby and it means so MUCH more than a single pound dropped. It's still a little disheartening to have that gone right now. Another melt down was this Sunday. I didn't post the picture because I'm honestly disgusted with myself. I don't feel pretty or cute. Most pregnant girls are cute. When am I going to feel that way?! I just want to feel pregnant and not like a blimp. I want to feel like one of those cutesy girls with a cute bump. 

Pre-Pregnacy
11 Weeks
13 Weeks

16 Weeks


17 Weeks

So, you can see, the bump is getting bigger! Which means that Poppyseed is getting bigger! What's the most important is that we are both healthy and Johnathan and I couldn't be happier! 

So, prayers for this week is peace for me over this belly growing business also for a healthy report Monday at the OB appointment and that Poppyseed cooperates at the ultrasound and that we get a healthy report there as well! One more is for our revival at church that God moves in our hearts, churches and city! 

Thank you all for the support and prayers! You mean so much to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment