Tuesday, January 27, 2015

12 Weeks!!

Well, we officially made it to 12 weeks. Websites and books tell me that now that we've reached 12 weeks and seen the heartbeat, we have less than a 5% chance of a miscarriage!

Poppyseed is the size of a large plum. I have not gone to WalMart and lovingly held a plum like I did the lime. Poppyseed is about 2 inches and weighs half an ounce. Most of the critical systems are fully formed! Next up is the growth and maturation stage which organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly. If I poke my belly, the baby will likely move (even though I won't feel it) because reflexes are developing. The baby is also practicing opening and closing the fingers and curling the toes! Baby is growing, growing, growing!

I always thought that when people said that pregnant women craved pickles and ice cream that it's a big joke. It's not a joke. Pickles are definitely a staple in the Muller household. But I do have a specific kind. I like Claussen dills that are sandwich sliced. They are SOOOOOOO flippin' delicious! I also like them with a side of a sharp cheddar wedge. This child is already picky. I also like ice cream. My new favorite is Blue Bonnet Pistacio Almond. Soooo good. Yep, I've already had my pickles and cheese and will eat a little ice cream to go with the dreaded nightly vitamin regimen (the ice cream helps it go down, at least that is what I justify ice cream every night).

Soooooooo, I've also lost another two pounds which means I'm done a total of 5 since my first appointment. He wants me to at least be up 1 pound by February 16th at 15 weeks. I'm really trying. I'm eating all the bad foods, cupcakes, chips, chex mix, ice cream (see above) and nothing is working. I'm not going to panic now. I'm going to wait until the doctor becomes concerned and then I will concern myself.

I also started back to the gym this week. I have a new irrational fear: falling on the treadmill. I've never fell on the treadmill but now I'm afraid that I'm going to fall. I am taking it slow and walking a mile on the track. It's getting my blood pumping and actually helps me sleep a little bit better. It gets me off the couch or bed and is going to help make this pregnancy a healthy and safe one.

For now, that's really it. It's been a good week. We had a nice relaxing weekend that included a mini reunion at the Pitt 8 Tournament. I love seeing people that I haven't seen in a while. I'm really proud to say that I'm from Kiowa and an alumni of Kiowa High School. I've learned so much from that small school that has stuck with me all those years. Yes, I made mistakes, but I also made lifetime friends. It's wonderful to see people after months or even years and still feel the love you had for them all those years ago. It's something special that cannot be replaced.

So, just keep continuing to pray for all three of us. We always welcome prayers.

Thank you for your support, prayers, friendship and love. You all mean so much to us! All three of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment