Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The weeks between Christmas and Thanksgiving are the longest!

Pounds lost this Week: 0 Pounds
Pounds lost Since Surgery: 114 Pounds
Pounds lost overall: 156 Pounds

Pounds to GO until GOAL: 39 Pounds

So, no weight gain or weight loss this week and I'm okay with that. I've learned that weight loss has peaks and valleys. I didn't gain so it's all good. I got this and I'm not going to get down on myself.



This week we got back in the hustle and bustle of the Muller life. Work. School. Gym. Repeat. It's the Muller life and we love it.

We did go see Mockingjay Part 1 and I pretty much loved it. I've read the book. I knew what was going to happen. It's the little things that they change and you don't know what's going to happen. I'm quite concerned with what is going to happen with Gale since they decided to cut Madge out of the story....we shall see Hollywood if you live up to my expectations... However, when compared to The Other Boleyn Girl and The Other Sister, I'm not convinced you'll be able to pull it off...

We also did some Christmas shopping. I love to Christmas shop and cook for Christmas dinners. I have been told my a few of my family members that they no longer like my cooking and that it's boring. Pssshhhhh! You sir, have no taste for spices and flavors. I cook very well and I also cook healthy. Just because you refuse to try it, doesn't mean it's not good. I made Chocolate Chip Cookies and Red Velvet Cookie cake (grain free and sugar free mind you) and it was really good. Even people who eat carbs liked it. I've found a recipe for a White Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake (grain free, sugar free of course). I'm making it for work Christmas. I'm pretty excited it about actually. There's lots of good and flavorful things that I can make. And I'm excited about it.

So, it's back to the Muller life. I can't believe it's December already! It's crazy that it's here. The only gripe I have is that it seems the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas take the longest to pass by. It also seems like the social calendar is starting to fill... We love our busy little life!

Our next adventure isn't until February where we will retreat to Broken Bow, OK to have a little R&R in our cabin. This is our FAVORITE vacation where we can just chill in the hot tub and relax.... I can't wait... Little to no cell reception and just peace and quiet. I canNOT wait.

So for now, just pray that I have the strength to make it the next couple of weeks. It's fixing to get extremely busy.

And as always,


Recipe of the Week:
Bacon Wrapped Tomato Pesto Chicken Breast
(instruction per chicken breast)

Ingredients:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
2 tbsp low fat mozzarella
2 slice turkey bacon

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Butterfly the chicken. Place the chicken lengthwise in front of you and hold the knife parallel to the chicken breast. Start slicing the breast open but stop before cutting in half completely.
3. Add 2 tbsp of jarred sun dried tomato pesto to one half of the chicken
4. Sprinkle – 2 tbsp shredded cheese on the pesto, then fold the chicken together
5. Wrap one slice of turkey bacon around the stuffed chicken breast
6. Place in baking dish. Cook for 30-35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment