Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Holiday Weekend AND Weight Loss....I need more of these

Alright peeps, here's what you've been waiting for

Pounds Lost This Week: 3 Pounds
Weight Loss Since Surgery: 92 Pounds
Overall Weight Loss: 134 Pounds

Pounds to go until GOAL: 61 Pounds

Why yes, I lost all the weight I had gained plus a pound. It's awesome. I do work hard for this you know and I'm so close to my goal. I can feel it!

Nothing unusual about this week. It was a long week because it was a 3 day weekend. Waiting for that extra day off always makes the week go by sooooo slllloooowwww. Especially when you have plans, which of course we did.

Have you noticed that we are becoming quite the camping people?! I LOVE the camping life. There's just something so peaceful about being out by the lake and waking up with the sun rising over the lake. It's a beautiful life. We took off early so that we could get there early enough to rest. Of course, I feel we are always five minutes late. We did worry about rain, but it held off. The first night we got to camp it takes a little while to set up. It was after dark when Johnathan got to cooking. We bought these chicken breast things from Braums. They are chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon. They were soooooo good!

The next morning we tried to sleep in. I used to be able to sleep until like noon...not anymore. We also brought Crimson with us. He's such a good little dog; however, he has gotten used to 5:50am to potty and this weekend was no different. We offically got up about 9am. Johnathan made us a meal of turkey sausage and pancakes. Rylee got the good stuff and he made us banana pancakes. They were delicious. I've decided to include them as the recipe of the week. If you're my friend on Facebook or Instagram, you may have noticed Johnathan made Miss Ry Mickey Mouse pancakes. We sure do love spoiling that girl, but he does in particular. You can tell by how he spent 20 extra minutes on just her pancakes. SMH....

After we ate, we had to run to Walmart. I've yet to go on a trip that didn't include a last minute trip to good ol' Wally World....I forgot basics...butter, lunch meat, salt. It also gave us something to do until it was warm enough to swim. As soon as we got back, we changed into our swimsuits and got us a spot on the beach at Lake Texoma.

Have I mentioned that I love the water?! I love going to the lake. I love the ocean. Pools don't do it for me any more. There are more majestic properties about the natural places than some chemical filled cess pool. We spent most of the day there. We took our lunch. Just sandwhich rolls. Simply, lunch meat, cheese and pickles dipped in mustard and a side of pork rinds. Summer food. I swam around and floated around and enjoyed the day.

We went camping with Johnathan's family. We went with Aunt Tonya, Uncle Roger, Stevie, James, Uncle Ricky, Aunt Becky and KJo. It was wonderful. We had time with family and that's why we went on this trip. Family is what is important. I know I blog a lot about food because it's important to share that knowledge with others, but let me share this kids, food will come and go, but family is what is really there to comfort you and encourage you through the calm and through the storm. I was so blessed this weekend to be a part of this family. Family is not always cake either. Sometimes, there are bad timees, but it's the good times that pulls you through. This weekend was one of those times.

That evening, we went out to dinner at the restaurant at Bridgeview. It was a nice little resturant the food was good. I got grilled chicken strips and pinto beans. They were out of green beans. Johnathan got a steak. Rylee got fried chicken strips and french fries. The only time she eats unhealthy is when we go out to eat. Otherwise, she eats what we eat which is healthy. I like to think that I'm being a good influence on her.

The next morning, we got up and got ready for church. We decided we were going to church with Aunt Tonya & Uncle Ricky. I strongly believe in worshipping as a family. The family that prays together, stays together. We really had a good time at Blue Baptist Church in Connerville, OK. One thing that really stuck out in my mind was our lesson. In Leviticus, it was a Mosiac law, that you could tend to your land for six years and the land had to take a year off. That last year was to be used to focus on God. It all ties back to Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first His kingdom and His righetousness and all these things will be given to you as well." Everyone knows I'm a worrier. I worry about things at work. I worry about money. I worry about the future. I worry about going through this whole journey and NOT getting pregnant. But here's the trutch: Matthew 6:33. If I see the kingdom of God before anything else, God will reward me. Maybe not the way I have planned, but the way He has planned which is always the better idea.

When we got back, we had a bit of lunch. We had burgers and pork rinds. Then, we put our suits back on and headed swimming with the others. Again, I cannot stress enough about how much I love the lake and the camping life. There is rarely anything more peaceful than floating on the lake with the summer sun shining down on you. I could do that all day, every day.

That night, we had one last family dinner. Aunt Tonya and Aunt Becky made a pork tenderloin with carrots. It was soooooo good and the tenderloin was pretty lean and healthy. Johnathan also bought some Lovera's sausage and grilled it for everyone. All in all, it was an amazing dinner with some great conversation and many memories made. Johanthan even took the kids and made s'mores. What's a camping trip without s'mores?! Can I just say one more time how amazing my husband is. I am so blessed to have the the support and kindness that I have in my husband. So many women struggle with the WLS and not having a husband that is as supportive to help keep me on tract. He helps with the kiddos so that I don't have to deal with the sugar and chocolate.

The next morning, we all got up and had a family breakfast. Uncle Ricky cooked some amazing deer meat. It was soooo very good. It did have breading. Do I feel guilty about the breading? A little, but I was NOT passing that up. I didn't get sick. I didn't overeat. I just listened to my body and allowed myself to indulge a little. And I want to add, it was a protein indulge, not a sugar overindulgence. I also had a little eggs and turkey bacon. It was delicious and again, memories and conversation and bonds made....that's what it is about.

Today, we came back to reality. Yuck. Why can't we have more 3 days weekends?! Come on Congress! Let's change to a 4 day work week!

Not only was it a weigh in day, but it was picture day. Every month. I take a picture in the same pair of jeans and the same shirt. The jeans won't even stay up. You can definetly tell the difference whole body around from January to today. This is what helps make me smile on those rough days when I stress about whether or not it's worth it. IT IS WORTH IT. look at those results. Maybe I'll start posting the pictures on the month... I'll try it out and see where I'm out.




So, for now, I just need prayer to keep my head up that I follow Matthew 6:33.

Again, that you so much for all your prayers and encouraging words. Today I was told by a female friend that my booty is getting pretty cute. It made me smile. That's definetly not something I ever thought I would hear.

As promised: Banana Pancakes

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 Ripe bananas
Vanilla Extract
Sugar Free Syrup

Instructions:
1. Slice your banana into a bowl.
2. Add eggs
3. Add vanilla (I don't measure, so add as much as you like)
4. Add tsp of SF Syrup
5. Whisk together until semi-smooth
6. Add to skillet and cook until desired doneness
7. Top with PB, SF Syrump, Cream Cheese, SF Jelly or whatever your pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment