Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Goal #3! Achieved!

Even though I didn't blog yesterday, I did have my weekly weigh in!

Pounds lost this week: 3 Pounds
Pounds Lost since surgery: 99 Pounds
Overall Weight Loss: 141 Pounds

Pounds to go to GOAL: 54 Pounds

Remember after I met my last goal in July and then I set the goal to be down 20 pounds before the tractor show? I officially met that goal yesterday!! I thought it was touch and go there for a minute but hard work prevailed! I guess now it's time to set another goal. So, I want to be down yet another 20 pounds before we leave for DisneyWorld on November 22nd. So, start praying for me now. They say the last 50 is the hardest to lose!

So, this week was a rest and relax week becuase this upcoming weekend we have tons of stuff planned! So, of course, it just consisted of work, school, gym, repeat. It's kind of nice. You know one thing that I'm proud of is that we don't have all the drama that I see on Facebook consistently. I'm pretty happy with the way God designed my life and the people he has placed in my life. I am one blessed woman.

Friday, we decided to go shopping. You know Johnathan has lost 86 pounds. Together we've lost 227 pounds (that's an average adult male). Both of our bodies have changed and neither one of us had enought clothes to get us through this tractor show weekend. Some of the clothes I bought in July no longer fits me so I am trying not to buy expensive brand new clothes because I just shrink out of them in a few weeks. It's not as fun as it sounds. So, we went to Walls. They had a pair of Levi's size 12. I just wanted to try it out and see how much more I had to go before I can get them on. To my joyful surprise, they went right on. I didn't have to wiggle them on. I didn't have to do the lying down thing to get them to zip. I LOVE going down a size. It makes me feel so good. I cannot tell you the last time that I wore a size 12. I'm sure it was pre-junior high.

We also went to Atwoods. So, my Aunt Nae has these amazing red boots. She's always had these boots every since I was little. It's no secret that I think my Aunt Ranee is the most goregous stylish woman in the world not to mention one of the most influential people in my life. I've always wanted a pair of red boots just like hers. Last year I bought a pair of boots for the tractor show. I had to get the low tops in a size 10 (I'm a size 8.5) because I couldn't get my fat ankles past the top. A few months ago we went into Atwoods. I still couldn't get the size 8.5 over those ankles. But on Friday, I did it. And I bought the boots. They could've been for every penny in my bank account and I still would've bought them. I was so very proud of myself. And they look amazing.

The last thing I bought was a new OU hoodie. The one from last year was a size 3X and this was a man's size. I was able to get a size MEDIUM. It was a men's size, but still MEDIUM! I am so flipping pumped! It looks good. It feels good. Plus, it's Crimson so you know it looks that much more amazing. Boomer Sooner!

On Saturday, we got up and went to the Amish Festival. There were so many neat things there. I only went to get me some cheese and we got some. It was delicious. It was salty and creamy and way better than anything I've ever eaten! Rylee went with us and she was fascinated by the ice cream machine. It was like our ice cream machines powered by an old John Deere tractor. She couldn't get over it. Another thing, they sold animals. Do you know how hard it is to tell a 5 year old no?! First, she wanted a baby turtle. Then we passed by a man selling baby ducks. Sheesh. We need to get some land so we can get some of these things.

Sunday, we just relaxed and I worked on some of the grad school papers. We did some laundry and made plans for this upcoming week. Next blog you'll get to hear all about the tractor show and the wonderful family time that we got to have. Some of my favorite people will be in this weekend! Can't wait to spend time with them!!

On Tuesday, we officially booked the rest of our trip to DisneyWorld. We are so excited that we get to experience this with Skyler and Juliana. We miss those babies so very much. We love each and every minute we get to spend with them. We have our flights booked, hotel booked and the car rented. I can't wait. I'm like a kid. I've never been so this will an experience for me too!

So prayer requests for this week are for safe travels for our family who is traveling to this festival. Also, for God to put a safe hand over us as we prepare to have a good time and for good weather. Pray that I can keep my strength up to keep up with Miss Rylee and Miss Bethany. We love that these girls are coming with us.

As promised the recipe of the week:

Meat Crust Pizza

Ingredients:
1 lbs Ground Turkey
1 Egg
Black Pepper
Salt
I Jar Pizza Sauce
Italian Seasoning
2% Mozzerella
Turkey Pepperoni

Instructions:
1. In a mixing bowl, add ground turkey, egg, pepper, salt and italian seasoning. The spices are according to taste.
2. Pat into the base of a baking dish so that the whole base is covered.
3. Cook at 375 for 20-30 minutes until the mixture is dark brown.
4. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
5. Cover with turkey pepperoni and cheese.
6. Bake in overn for additional 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is at your desired doneness

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment