Tuesday, August 5, 2014

No frybread, No peach Cobbler, No Banana Pudding, but QT with God at Indian Falls Creek!

I'm back from vacation!!

Pounds lost since last weigh in: 3 pounds
Pounds lost since surgery: 84 pounds
Pounds lost overall: 126 pounds

So this week was AWESOME. We went to Indian Falls Creek. We've been every year since I was 11. It is my favorite time of the year because I feel soooo close to God. With the majestic beauty surrounding you and literally everything is driven around Christ, it's hard not have that focus and not fall in love it.

The theme this year was "More than Conquerors." It came from the Bible verse Romans 8:37. "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." I am more than a conqueror of this weight loss and hopefully the infertility. I am a child of God which is far more invaluable than what I've conquered so far. Probably the message that spoke to me the most was Ben Little's message. Everyone knows the struggle I have with my infertility. It's hard. I struggle every day with the thought of all those people out there who don't love, cherish and teach their children. Bro. Ben talked about his struggles with losing six babies. 4 of whom were in his life for over three years. My heart broke for this man. This man of God who was called to do His good works. His message was about humbling yourself because you are more than a conqueror. God has called me to a purpose and it's a big one. He puts me through these trials and hard times for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I've heard you ALL when you say "Everything happens for a reason." But this really put things in perspective for me. I have not been humbling myself toward God. I've been placing all of these burdens on my shoulders and not asking Him for help. God has given me soooo much already. I should have a humble spirit on a daily basis. God brought me to this: the weight loss surgery, the infertility and I believe whole-heartedly that he is going to bring me through this. So, I'm working on my humbleness. I've started a Bible study on Ephesians for Women and while I'm on the treadmill, I spend the time in His Word to help keep humble and on His track for His plan for my purpose.

Now, the food this week. If you remember, I panicked about two things: #1. My energy. #2. The menu. Well, thank you all for your prayers for my energy and the weather because God answered them by making on the first day (which we were only there in the hot hours a few hours) and the rest of the week was cool and calm. It's crazy but walking those hills sans 126 pounds was wayyyyyyy easier this time around. I usually had to stop and take a break and only walked in the early morning. We walked so much. I was super proud of myself.

And the food. I did get a little depressed. Have you ever had frybread? With it's crispy golden goodness??? Yeah, I can't have that. I almost cried over it. Isn't that sad?! They also made homemade peach cobbler with ice cream.....that was one of my FAVs and then the banana pudding. It's depressing to deprive yourself of things that you used to love with a passion. Food and I were passionate together. I did not give in to those temptations to having even a bite of those things. I've worked very hard to get to where I am. And this is a lifestyle change, not something that is temporary. So, for those of you who says that I took the easy way out can take a long walk on a short pier. It is still a challenge to turn down food. Especially, if it's Nana's good ol' southern cookin'.

I did a great job. I'm proud of myself. We took Ms. Laura's menu and adjusted it to suit our needs. For example, when they had enchiladas, we had a modified version using zuchinni on the bottom of the pan and then everything else for the enchiladas (meat, sauce, cheese). When they had pizza, we had No Dough Pizza. I also made three desserts for the week. Last time I blogged, I gave you the recipe for the Black Bean Brownies. We had that. I also made a Texas Sheet Cake and Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now, my nutritionist did warn me about using almond flour to bake, but I took a risk. I had to have something to get me through. And they were delicious. Papa, who is a pretty tough food critic loved them. These kinds of things curb his sweet tooth and not skyrocket his sugar so they work for him too.

This week so far, I've been focusing on my liquids and making sure I get my meds in the way I am supposed to. On Thursday, I have a doctor's appointment and I hear they are taking labs. I'm not sure if two days of following the rules is gonna help, but it can't hurt, right??? I'm a little worried about this check up. It's the halfway point between now and the 12 months rule for trying to get pregnant. They are also running labs and doing who knows what to see where I'm at. I want to be ahead of the game and be healthy. That was the point of this right? To get healthy to have a healthy pregnancy. It's my deepest prayer and desire of God.

So, this week, I'm asking for prayer that this fire that God has ignited in me grows for others to see. Pray that I keep on this path of humility and steadfastness and that I not forget the lessons learned and messages given this week. Pray for good results and a safe trip to the doctor office.

Again, all, thank you for the love, prayer and support. It's evident that God is answering prayers, yours and mine. God bless you all.

And as promised, here is a recipe for the week:

Garlic Parmesan Shrimp

Ingredients:
24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. parsley
3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. parmesan cheese

Instructions:
1. Arrange peeled shrimp in a 11X7 baking dish
2. Coat shrimp with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley, minced garlic, crushed red pepper and black pepper
3. Cover and bake at 300 degress for 15 minutes
4. Turn shrimp over and drizzle with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
5. Bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes.

Enjoy!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment