Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tanlines are now a problem....

I want to start off with some good news. Even though it's two weeks later than what I planned I finally met my goal! I lost 20 pounds since the Bahamas!

So, here's the usual:

Pounds Lost This Week: 4 Pounds
Pounds Lost Since Surgery: 78 Pounds
Overall Weight Loss: 120 Pounds

So, now that I've met the last small goal. It's time to set another one. The next big event, other than church camp (church camp is too close to set a goal), is the Murray County Antique Tractor Implementation Show. It's September 19th. I want to be down another 20 pounds by then. It's a little more agressive. My first thought was 26 and that's an average of 2.8 pounds per week. 20 is a little better. So, I'm starting on it right now. It's easier to attain the smaller goals, but still just as important to remember the larger goal. And that my friends, I only have 75 pounds more to lose by January 28, 2015.

So, the title of my blog. I'm sure many of you saw that we took the camper out this weekend to McGee Creek. It was heavenly. It was wonderful. It's funny too, because when Johnathan and I first got married, I told him: I'm not the camping type. Don't even try it. But I love the camper and the camper life. There's something beautiful about being out in nature, living it up. We are really only in the camper from about 10 or 11p to 8am. Otherwise, we're out there living it up right in the thick of the outdoors. I am in love with the life. Anyways, I know have some pretty prominent tanlines. And I LOVE them. You know why? Because it means so much more to me than having the golden brown skin. I am finally comfortable in my own skin. The last few summers I've avoided the beaches, lakes and water. I felt like a beached whale: disgusting and fat. I know I said this isn't about looks and it's not, but this newfound confidence in my own skin is a little freedom for me. It's not about the way I look. It's about the way I feel and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. So, I'm going to continue enjoying the outdoors and the water. I want to plan more camping trip and enjoy the rest of the summer. Remember, next summer, I plan on be pregnant and from what I've seen and heard, summer and pregnancy doesn't mix too well!

So, what did we eat on this camping trip?? Well, we had bacon and eggs for breakfast. For lunch we had lunch meat, 2% cheese, pickles and light mayo. And for dinner, Johnathan grilled out steaks, turkey burgers and turkey hot dogs and grilled squash with red pepper. Our steaks were pretty amazing. We marinated them for two days in Lovera's marinade. It was sooooo good. I know I'm supposed to think about food as fuel, but it's still a little difficult for me. I want it to taste good and food does have a presence in almost every aspect of my life. My point is, once again, that eating healthy can taste very good. We did have kiddos at this cookout. I bought s'mores. I hope Rylee, Dillon and Amy know how much I love them by watching them roast marshmallows and put them on a gooey graham cracker goodness that I can't have. I took it pretty well. I even assembled them for those kiddos. But I do love my nieces and nephews very very much. It was worth it. Not that I didn't look for sugar free marshmallows, because I did. I even found a cookie type thing in the gluten free isle that I was willing to try. All in all, food wise, we were good. Real good.

So, this week, I'm focusing on these goals. I'm working on these 20 pounds for Septemember and 75 pounds for January. They're not cake goals, but life isn't cake peeps. It's about working hard to make yourself happy and healthy. And, I'm doing my best and I'm happy with the results.

Prayer requests for this week: Start praying now for church camp, Indian Falls Creek. We leave July 27th and come home August 1st. Pray for salvation for the lost, a great calling of God's people and safe and fun week. Pray that I can keep my strength up. There's a lot more physicality and strength needed for this and I really need all the help I can get to this regard.

Again, thank you all so much for your support. It means so much to Johnathan and I to hear your kind words. We are truly working hard and it's nice to be recognized. God bless you all!!

Enjoy the recipe of the week: Parmesan tilapia

Parmesan tilapia

Ingredients:
4 4oz tilapia filets
1 c. parmesan
3 tbls butter
2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Salt and pepper both sides of tilapia
2. Comine in a bowl, cheese, butter, lemon juice. You many need to put into microwave to soften butter before mixing.
3. Put talipa on cookie sheet sprayed with pam. Cover the top of the tilapia with the cheese mixture and broil until golden brown.
4. Serve hot
5. ENJOY! YUMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment