Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Another weekly weigh in and another weekend getaway!

Here we go kiddos!

Pounds lost last week: 2 Pounds
Pounds lost since surgery: 74 Pounds
Pounds lost overall: 116 Pounds


Another successful week! Weekend getaways are easy when you go somewhere with an abundance of seafood. Grilled seafood is very nutrious and oh, so very very yummy. Shrimp is my favorite and I had so much of it. I had grilled shrimp and shrimp brioche and cocnut shrimp and stuffed shrimp with crab and monterray jack cheese. The stuffed shrimp was my very favorite. We had it at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It was worth the money that we spent on it. I also had tiliapia. The first night I had Hawaain Fish and Shrimp with a pineapple salsa. Pretty flippin good, complements of Fish Tales. At Rainforest Cafe, I had a macadamia crusted tilapia with coconut shrimp. It was pretty good. Seafood is such a lean meat and very high in protein. It's a good protein to add your plate. Replace the potatoes with fresh veggies and you have a very nutritous meal. It really isn't that hard to eat healthy on vacation. It's all about making good decisions and letting yourself endulge just a little. How did I endulge? By eating coconut shrimp. I'm not sure I can have it because it's fried, but it's vacation. I can't deny myself every time I turn around. I won't be sucessful if I'm denying myself every little thing.

Food aside, it was a pretty great 4 day weekend. But of course, it always is when Johnathan, Aunt Nae, Uncle Stephen, Maryah, Nick, Michael Andrew, Nana and Papa are involved. We left out Thursday evening and headed to Bryan, TX. I love that city. Basically, because of the people that live there. We arrived at Uncle Joe's at almost 1am. We were exhausted. But Uncle Joe and Aunt Dana had two beds ready for us. We got up the next morning and had a good conversation with Uncle Joe and he cooked us a pretty good breakfast. I rarely eat regular breakfast but I couldn't resist. Then, Rylee, Johnathan, Uncle Joe and I fed Cowboy (a beautiful horse) and then we loaded up and headed up to the coast.

I love the beach and with this new-found confidence, I don't mind being seen in public in a bathing suit. Actually, I half way think I look cute in my suit. I love the smell of the ocean and the feel of the salt water. I love to jump the waves. I love to feel the sun on my skin and the sand in my toes. I know it's a cliche, but the ocean is beautiful. I was more than happy to finally arrive. We spent the rest of the night at the beach and then set up for the parade down Seawall and an amazing firework show over the ocean. It was beautiful and I've never felt more blessed to have the freedom to be able to share this moment with my amazing husband and wonderful family.

The next morning, we got up and had a little breakfast and headed to the beach...yes again. We spent all day there. Johnathan bought a raft and I floated in the ocean and it was amazing. We had good conversation on the beach with Lynard Skynard Pandora playing in the background while the kiddos built sandcastles and caught hermit crabs. It was a great day. Then we rode the ferry across the island. Finally, we got all dressed up and went to family dinner at Fishtales. It was a picture perfect day!

Our last day, we took a dolphin tour and got some close up views of the dolphins. It was pretty cool and we had a really good captain. Then, we drove around Seawall and had lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I love taking Rylee here. She has such a good time and it really is a neat place. They even have a ride that shows you all the rainforests in the world. It's pretty neat. Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool. We were all a little burnt and the pool offers a little shade. The last thing we did was go to the Pleasure Pier. It was AWESOME. The last 9 or so years of my life, I've been avoiding carnivals and amusment parks because I'm afraid that I'll not fit or be kicked off for being too large. I officially overcame this fear, rational or irrational, this weekend. I did not have one issue with any of the restraints or belts. I rode the biggest ride there and it was awesome! Short, but it has a 90 degree climb and then a drop. It was wonderful. They also have the boat that is always my favorite. Another that swings you in the air like the boat and spins you around. I LOVED it! It was a great feeling! I kinda felt free like I didn't have to worry about anything. I can't wait now until the carnival comes back or we plan a trip to Six Flags!!

Now that we're home, I need to focus on getting back in the swing of a regular diet and exercise. I have GOT to get back to the gym: NO EXCUSES!!!! I need to get back on track with the lifestyle. Vacation is over and time to get back in the swing of things and that includes using my binder for meal planning again. I may even re-evaluate it and add some new recipes to the swing of things! There's only 203 days until January 28, 2015 to lose 79 pounds. That averages 2.5 pounds a week. It's very aggressive...very... and probably unattainable..but it's a goal that I desperately want to hit. I've got to get it together!

Next week, I'll add a recipe that I've eaten to the blog. So, of course prayer requests for the week is that I have the patience and will power to get back on track. Prayer for patience in the week ahead.

You all have absolutely NO idea how much all of your support means to me. It really keeps me going and keeps my head up and a smile on my face. God bless you all for being there for me :)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment