Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A major No Scale Victory this week!

Pounds lost this week: 1 Pound
Pounds lost since surgery: 60 Pounds
Overall Weight Loss: 102 pounds

I know that I should be sad about only a pound but I'm not. Why? Because I worked hard. I ate the amount I was supposed to. I excersied and I also did some weight lifting. I really feel like I might have lost more than a pound but gained a little muscle.

I also had a huge no scale victory this week or as we WlS peeps call them NSVs. I was able to button and zip a pair of size 18s today. If you have ever been bigger than a size 20, you can understand how excited I am. Also, this means I can shop at most places in the store. This is a huge deal because most places you have to shop online to get plus sizes and even then sometimes you can only guess at sizes. I can enjoy shopping now. I can enjoy shopping with friends and not be so ashamed. This experience has not only been a physical battle, but a psychological one as well. I've had a hard time when it comes to wrapping my head around that I am getting smaller. I can see the changes in the pictures, but it truly hard for me to believe that I am this size. I have not been able to wear an 18 since my sophomore year in high school. That was 13 years ago. It's been really surreal and hard to come to terms with. I am starting to feel my collar bones as well and I catch myself rubbing them constantly. I'm starting to feel wayyy more comfortable in my skin and I'm wearing shorts and dresses. For those of you who know me know that normally doesn't happy, but I'm starting to feel a little more cute in these outfits.

I have been shopping lots lately because we leave for the Bahamas in SEVEN days!! A week from now, we will be on our way to Dallas because we're staying overnight. Our flight from DFW to Miami is at 7:40, so we are going to try to get to the airport at 5:00am. We aren't making any plans for the Bahamas. We are just gonna play it by ear once we get there. We're gonna go the beach and enjoy and relax. We're going to enjoy the time that will be just us. We really have soooo much to celebrate! This is our big anniversary trip celebrating our 5 years. We're celebrating my graduation and my loss of 100+ pounds and Johnathan's 80 pounds. We've worked so hard and can't wait to get there!

Talking about celebration, it is National Hospital Week! Words cannot describe how much I love my job and the people that I work with. I have gotten more support from my friends who are also my coworkers than some of my family members. They have not only been kind but also very quick to encourage. They worry about my well being and help lift me up when I am down. I am truly honored to call you all my coworkers and love coming to work alongside each and every one of you every single day. Happy Hospital Week! I hope you all plan to enjoy this week's festivities!!

So, you may have guessed it I probably will not be posting next week. I know I'm disappointing so many of my loyal readers, but honestly, all I'll be thinking about next week are the checklists that I've made for myself. Passport? Check. Swimsuit? Check. Phone Charger? Check. This will be brain next Tuesday. So, look for me in 2 weeks with a full update that includes a Bahama vacation with diet tips and other information with my surgery.

Until, continue to send up prayers for me that I'll hit this next goal and continue on this journey. Pray for safe travels for this upcoming trip and pray for glorious weather! God bless you for your prayers and thoughts!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment