Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Starting to get a little discouraged....

So, we will start with the usual:

Weight loss this week: 3 pounds
Weight loss since surgery: 50 pounds
Overall weight loss: 93 pounds

So, the weight loss seems to be slowing down. I know 93 pounds down is pretty awesome but losing 3 pounds compared to 18 pounds in a week can be a little discouraging. But I'm going to focus on the positive to keep this ball rolling. I know I'm doing everything right. I haven't touched a carb and have been exercising 3-4 week as prescribed. I'm just hitting a plateau and I'm told it happens and I really haven't hit a plateau because I'm still losing just not as fast. My goal is to be down 100 pounds by May 21 and I'm on track for that goal.

I have been feeling a little funny the last week though. Anytime I eat or drink, I feel very sick to my stomach. Before anyone even suggests it, NO it's not pregnancy. I don't know what it is but I want it stop. I was feeling great and normal and ready to conquer the world but all of a sudden it feels as if someone took the wind out of my sails or in this case my pouch. The online support blogs (because of course I Googled these symptoms) call it the Grouchy Pouch and I'm starting to agree. I have a doctor's appointment next week, so me and Dr. B are going to discuss this at length.

I also discovered a new food adversion. Pork rinds. So, those of you who know me know that I make a phenonemal cheese dip. I found a diet friendly modified version with ground turkey, turkey sausage, 2% velveeta and a few other secret ingredients (i'll never tell) and I was super excited about tasting it so I bought some pork rinds to make nachos because pork rinds have ZERO carbs. It tasted amazing. I was pretty happy. For 5 minutes. Then I thought I was going to die. It was horrible. Lesson learned no more pork rinds for this girl; however, the next day, I had some of the dip with celery. It was pretty good!

So, Easter is this weekend which also means Reese Eggs are plentiful. It's torture. I want one so bad. I'm not going to have one of course since I have an irrational fear of carbs. Other than that it's been pretty easy so far just the thought and looks of those chocolate gold nectar Reese Eggs is pretty miserable.

Speaking of Easter, let me take this opportunity to remind you to ponder the thought of the real meaning of Easter. Remember that Jesus gave his life for our sins. He was beaten and abused for our transgressions and loved us through it. He died and rose 3 from that tomb three days later! He descended to hell and rose again all to bring us to Glory! Hallelujuah! Thank you Jesus for your ultimate sacrifice that I do not deserve! If you have any questions or wanna get to know my God, let me know! I will share my faith with you! It's wonderful and everyone should experience it!

So again, I'm going to ask for prayers. #1: I have a pretty big couple of weeks coming up with Easter with two families, a Muller event which is ALWAYS a fabulous time, and graduation (which I HAVE decided to walk). So, pray that I have strength to make it through all of this. #2: Pray that my spirit gets back up and send me some encouragment. #3: Pray that the sick feeling goes away soon.

So, Happy Happy Easter! and Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment