Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Ready for my 6 week Post Op on Thursday!!!

We'll start with the usual:

Loss from Last Week: 3 Pounds
Loss since surgery: 35 Pounds
Overall Loss: 77 Pounds

According to my funny little meme about weight loss, I've lost a Gold Brick! So, if only my fat equated in gold I would be just over a half a million dollars richer! I'm pretty bummed that fat doesn't equate to the gold standards because at this rate, I'd be coming into some serious dough!

So, what I've realized this week is the fact that I have this need to be prepared. Some have said that it's a bit obessive that I came up with six weeks' worth of menus, grocery lists and recipes. I don't care if it's obessive. It keeps me prepared and organized for the weeks ahead. It's easier for me to balance not only my home, but my finances as well. I also take pride that I'm prepared for every meal even on Wednesdays that I make crockpot meals because I'm usually not at home until after 8 and it keeps me prepared. I've also noticed when it comes to trip planning, I'm pretty organized and prepared. My new biggest fear is when people say "Let's just go out." I get freaked out because I have such a limited diet that I legit worry about where someone is going to want to eat. I fear Italian resturants. There isn't much I can eat there and I know I will be tempted by the garlic bread. I know this sounds a little selfish, but I can't help it. If I know this is coming, I can help steer the restaurant choice into something a little more suitable to my fears and needs. This weekend I made healthy choices at Rainforest Cafe, a Mexican restaurant and Cheddars. Most places are accomodating, but every now and then, there's that place where everything is breaded, fried, creamed or sugared. Those are the places I fear.

Also this week, I've learned how to use new kitchen tools like this cool Pampered Chef slicer that cuts my veggies perfectly. I recently made some zucchini chips that this was perfect for! We've also used my tea maker more now that I found that decaf tea so I can have my sweet tea! PUMPED! LOVING IT! I've ordered some new stuff from Pampered Chef and cannot wait to use them. If you want some stuff, let me know, I have a connection!

Recipes that were pretty awesome last week that I used were the zucchini lasage and the baked parm pork chops. I'm learning from each recipe and found that things that I love can be made in a healthier way without losing any flavor. I've had several people say that they've always wanted to try to use ground turkey or turkey sausage but their hubs and kiddos would never allow it. Well sisters, I got a secret....they'll never know the difference. Think about it. We season hamburger meat to make it taste good. You season ground turkey the same way. Give it a try and see if they notice. Be sure to hide the wrapper!!

I've also recieved advice like "carbs won't kill you" "you should have a cheat day on your birthday" "You follow the rules too close." You're darn right I do! I am absolutely terrified of carbs right now. While I know it's unlikely that carbs will kill me but I make myself believe this so that I won't slide back down that slippery slope that is donuts, cakes, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese... you get the gist. So for now, I just stay in love with my zucchini chips and baked parm pork chops and continue to watch the scale and the inches melt away. :)

My complaint for this week is that the past two days every time I eat OR drink, I feel very nauseated like I am going to vomit. I don't know what is causing this but I did what I've been told NOT to do which is Google what it is. The top pick is gallstones. I know that some people develop gallstones after losing a vast amount of weight; however, I am praying this is just another Google illusion... I go to the doctor on Thursday for my first post-op and will definetly add this to my long list of items to discuss with him. I'll update you all when I know what it is. It's probably just my body going through another adjustment.

Once again, I really do want to thank everyone for all of your encouraging words, supportive attitudes, and compliments. While I know I'm not near "skinny," when someone calls me skinny or melting away, it makes me smile on the inside and out. It is truly what I need to hear to keep me going! Keep the encouraging coming because I need it know more than ever.

So for now, continue your prayers and your encouragement! Pray for great news on Thursday!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment